Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Bodega Bay (June 21, 2008)

Oops! I haven't posted in over a month! I better catch up.
On Saturday, June 21st, we headed to the coast to meet up with Vince's parents and nephew, who were all camping there. Vince's grandparents and some other family decided to meet with all of us, too. Isaiah hasn't been to the beach since last October, when he was still a little baby. Now he's old enough to explore, so it was a lot more fun this time. The weather was great, but the entire trip was so exhausting. I was glad it was only a day trip. When Isaiah first stepped out onto the sand, he wasn't sure about it...



















Then we gave him a frisbee...




















































Then Vince dug up a pile of loose sand for Isaiah...





































































































Isaiah loooooooved the sand! He loved it so much he started eating it. I think he had about 2 handfuls until he realized what it tasted like. Bad idea buddy. But he still had a good time. The water was too cold for him though....when the tide would come in and touch his feet, he started crying and clawing his way up my leg.
I reapplied sunblock on him like a crazy woman, yet neglected to reapply on myself. I burned my scalp. Oh well.

Mommy smile...



Baby feet!

After the beach fun, we cleaned ourselves up and drove to a little town called Valley Ford. We had dinner at a restaurant called Dinucci's Italian Dinners. Apparently, everything was supposed to be served "family-style" so I naturally expected a lot of food (especially after the waitress assured me that I wouldn't leave hungry). Yeah, I ordered ice cream because I wasn't full after the meal. Granted, I can eat more than a lot of people....but still. Not.worth.it.
On our way home, we drove by the burning hills on the edge of Fairfield. And the smoke from all of the fires is still stuck in the valley. My aching head!

No comments: